I've Moved!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

double chocolate hard boiled egg cookies.

Or perhaps I should say Double Chocolate Scrambled Egg Cookies.


Yeah yeah, I know I probably should have followed the recipe exactly since it was my first time making it but I couldn't stand wasting the other half of the hard boiled egg. (I don't like eggs hard boiled.) So, because I had to crack open the egg to use half of it and cook it, I went for scrambled.
The only problem was, some of the egg did not integrate with the cookie, which left me with pieces of tough chewy egg.


Bleh.


Although, I did read about some others who followed the recipe having trouble with bits of egg white in the cookie so I guess both cooking methods are not exactly fool-proof. 


BUT! The texture of the cookie was so worth it. It was crumbly and crunchy at the edges while dense and moist on the inside, like a brownie! Kudos to this wonderful recipe!
The dough was stiff and dry, like a shortbread's. Which was why the tablespoon of sour cream in the recipe was called for. However, I didn't have any on hand so I used milk instead. My dough was weirdly thirsty so I added a touch more just so that it doesn't fall apart.


I did mine with Reese pieces! 

1 comment :

  1. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot about this, like
    you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you could
    do with a few percent to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this
    is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.
    Also visit my weblog ... christmas recipes

    ReplyDelete