I've Moved!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

flourless peanut butter cookies.


I felt like baking something that wasn't cake so I decided on cookies since I've not made any in a while.

These peanut butter cookies are flourless and butter-less but are by no means inferior to the standard pants-busting renditions. These are no health food, but at least I know I'm consuming good fat! Uh-huh. The other upside to this recipe is that it's super easy to throw together. You just need a few minutes, really.

These peanut butter bombs are the bomb because they are my kind of cookie- crunchy and crispy through and through. And they are not shy in the peanut butter department. I never thought that they would flatten out so much so be sure to space them amply apart.


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from various sources
makes 20

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt

raw brown sugar and coarse salt for sprinkling

Beat the peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated.

Divide dough into 20 portions, and roll and flatten each individual one. At this point, you may choose to administer some fork artwork. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and salt. You can bake these immediately or refrigerate them first.

Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment :